Friday, March 16, 2007

This Vizsla Redgirl wants to be a zero dress size




Yes. Younger redgirl Berta here (do HATE that blokey name. WHY did she not call me fifi or mitzi or paris or something else girlie). Anyway I have ALWAYS been health conscious. Obviously I don't do the "diet" word (too much bad press). But I HATE fat. So. I am quite a "selective" about food. NO CARBS!! And as little otherwise as I can get away with. Well. BC (before crufts) she got so uptight about what she calls my "toast rack" look that she pulled out all the stops. Whole chickens. Lamb. Stuff in the freezer that had been there for a while. Pheasant. Salmon. Pork pies. Sausages. Sometimes I capitulated. (But I always spotted and rejected the sneaky carbs like rice or pasta or even potatoes .. yuk) And despite myself I put on a pound or two.

Now. Why I am here. Is there a forum for abused vizslas? I can hardly bear to talk about it.

For the past couple of days she has slapped down odious things (eg tripe ???!!) and said (wait for it) "like it or lump it" Well of course I just shan't eat. And soon I will be a tiny zero dress size.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Og Bert, a shrinking lady.....or rather, the Kate Moss of the Vizsla world. i only know how to say this in german: man sagt ja immer - besser rund und gesund als schlank und krank!
what sometimes happens is that the dogs get thinner and the humans bigger, would that have anything to do with it??? (only kidding)
Bert is georgeous!!!

redgirls-in-scotland said...

a now very skinny berta says " du kannst nie auch sein Rich oder auch verdünnen "

And mum says that she only LOOKS bigger.Ah yes. I get it now. I am normal. She is fat. Yes.

Brisztow Jones said...

I know just how you feel, though I have the opposite problem, Bert. Ms. Deb called me F-A-T the last time she saw me... (http://urbanmutt.blogspot.com/2007/03/f-t.html)

Perhaps we should visit each other and share secrets?? I think your secret is all that open space to run around in -- and a great friend to always play with!